Main: Operating Systems
TC:E, Truecombat Elite, TCElite is a modern world total conversion modification of the free, popular, stand-alone FPS (first-person shooter) Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Meaning, Truecombat Elite is an entirely free game, made by gamers, for gamers.
- Texture Tone Mapping
- HDR Lighting
- Realistic scaling
- Free climb
- Free Aim
- High quality sounds (44khz)
- rich, deluxe graphics, based on high-resolution digital-camera shots
- Letterbox & widescreen modes - TrueVision
- Dynamic Eye Adaption - DynEA
- Cross Platform Gaming (Win, OS X, Linux)
- tactical-teamplay oriented, modern-world combat simulation
- realistic weapon behavior simulation
- iron sight aiming system, no crosshair
- sophisticated ballistic simulation including multiple-layer object penetration
- professional mode: 1-life, short-timed, objective driven scenarios in realistic environments
- bodycount mode: team deathmatch style, gametype to relax?
- Reinforced OBJ, as Capture the Flag in stock maps
- balanced, team specific set of real-world weapons (Grenades, Pistols, SMG's, Assault-, Shotgun- and Sniper-Rifles)
- lag compensation, client-side bullet prediction, punkbuster support
- immersive and lethal, fast-paced action"