- Game Files
- Call Of Duty: Mod...
- Quake III
- Wolfenstein: Enem...
- Game Development
True Combat: CQB Alpha
You spoke - we listened!
Due to the overwhelming feedback to some errors (and just some things to tweak), Coroner has quickly pumped out a new CQB 0.221 alph.
Included in this patch:
- Fixed random spawn point selection, now select spawnpoint farthest from all enemies
- Shotguns no longer clear lean ability
- Fixed erratic overly fast sprint (about 29% too fast), now it is TCE 049b sprinting speed (between Arma2 and Insurgency)
- Increased sprint acceleration
- Increased standard (run) speed by 10% (now comparable to Americas Army 3)
- Fixed shared ammo between Uzi and Glock
- Fixed lighting origin for first person gun
- Changed reference aspect ratio for fov to 16:10 resulting in larger fov's for 4:3 mode
- Added ability to moderately adjust fov (cg_fovMode 0, 1, 2): 70, 75 (default), 80 @16:10 (requires respawn to take effect)
- Added fov adjustment to UI
- Removed some references to TC:Elite from UI
- Fixed dead client issues with team name display and compass
- Removed bendable ability and enabled leaning for all players
- Removed high-grade ammo and pain killer without replacement
- Tweaked PPMM turning speeds for more consistency, now always 480 degs/sec (120 for prone) in the frontal +- 60 degs
- Increased PPMM turning speed by 10%, 7% for crouch, unchanged for prone
- Fixed missing world models and/or skins for SPAS 12, M3S90, SG-552+Eotech, Glock 18
Added Changes Also Included:
Alpha 0.222 4/10/2011:
- Finally fixed spawn point selection
- Improved body removal
- Fixed edge of blood screen shader visible at wide fov setting
- Added first person death animation and effect (no more jumping to third person after death)
- Increased more sprint bobbing
- Increased footstep noise during sprint by 3 dB
- Slightly lowered weapon sounds to avoid clipping
- Increased bullet flyby and body impact sounds
- Improved handling of audio events, fire sounds are now transmitted to clients independent of PVS
Update CQB Alpha 0.223 WinLinux Patch Details 4/30/2011
- Removed far sound console spam
- Fixed floating gun/hands during FP death animation
- Suppressed fire, knife and grenades do not appear on radar anymore
- Increased PPMM turning speed for stand and crouch (+33% and +50%)
- Increased team name distance and appearance of team names near removed bodies
- MP9 and Miniuzi now start with three clips
- Health regeneration now starts with 3 sec delay after last inflicted damage
- Adjusted position of FP single-handed weapons to appear a bit bigger
- Adjusted position of FP two-handed weapons to be a bit lower and closer in shouldered position
- Improved AABB movement code to better slide around corners where players otherwise got easily stuck
- Faster return from freelook excursion, increased return speed by 80%
- Decreased erratic M3S90 and SPAS12 range by 33% and damage by 10%
- Decreased M590C damage by 10%
- Decreased Desert Eagle damage by 17% and increased range by 25%
- Increased .45 sidearm range by 25%
- Increased .45 damage by 10%
- Decreased 7.62mm sniper damage by 17%
- Increased MP9 and MiniUzi range by 33%
- Fixed lean bug (third-person and first-person animation were vastly off for left leaning)
- g_leanmode is now cheat protected
- Removed ETish camera shake near explosions
- Removed reference to TC:E from escape menu
- Changed health regeneration to only recover to certain levels after taking damage (80%, 64%, 50%)
- Added perk for 25% faster reloading
- Reworked Body perk group to represent different levels of body armor
- Renamed Runner perk to Lightweight, replacing regular flak vest by an improved one (faster run and sprint)
- Added Protected perk, lowering body damage by 10%
- Changed Freeclimber perk into Tank perk, lowering body damage by 20% and decreasing movement speeds by 10%
- Commando perk now also offers ledge grabbbing ability
- Reintroduced High-grade Ammo perk which now slighly increases the range (reducing falloff effects) and exchanges 00 buckshot against shotgun slugs
- Mossberg 590 Compact now holds 5 rounds
- Replaced Beretta 92 by Wilson Combat CQB
- Replaced Glock 21 by H&K USP 40
- Replaced old TCE Desert Eagle model
- Added sawn-off double barreled shotgun aka Shorty (+ akimbo)
- Aiming down the sight of the right weapon during akimbo
- Reduced akimbo spread
- Reworked USP 40 akimbo anim
- Fixed missing recoil during free look
- Made toggle aiming optional (default enabled)
- Added toggle sprint option (COD4-like)
- Increased gravity to shorten jump length
- Slightly increased weapon size/bulk effects on speed (from +-5% to +-7.5%)
- Halved minimum spread for sidearms
- Replaced ETish horse-like landing sound
As with the last patch, you only need 0.22 to run this - so let this overwrite your files!
We hope you will enjoy this alpha since it was a long time in the making! Please keep in mind that this is an alpha and that there might be some bugs. Please report any errors/suggestions/feedback on our CQB forum.
Other things to note of this alpha are:
- No cross hair
- Most realistic iron sight, reflex sight, and scope simulation
- Real ballistic tracing including bullet drop
- Minimum GPU requirements: Nvidia 6800GT or ATI X800
- Win and Linux only
- About 300 Megs download (plus W:ET)
- Only Bodycount (TDM)
- One map
- Game is locked to sv_pure 1 and sv_official 1
We mentioned the customized weapons load out feature in yesterday's news. Now with CQB upon us, let's look at some other features that are new to CQB from TCE:
Freelook is probably the biggest and most unique feature in CQB. It's when your player model can look from side to side while keeping your weapon in the original forward position. Keep in mind that you can still shoot while in freelook and that the more you move to the side, the more your weapon will shift/sway.
example of freelook in action
Freelook is a bind in the game, so you can choose whether or not to use this feature.
The compass in CQB serves a different purpose than seen before in TCE.
It now will show you the location of your team mates (indicated by a white triangle). If they are being fired upon, the enemy's location is also shown in the form of a red dot.
Now there is no excuse for teamkilling. ;)
One of the main differences between TCE and CQB is the perk system. With the perk system, certain abilities (like lean, freeclimb) aren't default - but can be selected to create a unique player profile.
Based on your weapons load out, you can (at most) select only 1 perk in each category.
Perks can be selected in the deployment menu.
Suppressor or choke disperser
Get more clips
|High Grade Ammo
More stopping power
Recover faster from damage
Grab ledges and climb
Increased knife damage
Lean around corners
Less spread and sway
Click perk (Gear/Body/Grenade/Combat) to view details.
Enjoy the CQB alpha and go play on some servers!!